Thursday, June 14, 2012

First Meals and More

We have moved!  It was a crazy two day drive here,  but we made it safely.  And, since S drove ahead of me I came home to a box packed house.  Very cool.  It's still crazy to think that we bought a house, but here we are.

In the first couple of days I rearranged the kitchen about three times.  Then a couple days later I moved a couple more things around.  After a shopping trip today and C discovering not only how to open the lazy susan but also that it contains things like sprinkles, cookies, and cocoa I think I may need to find a new home for some items.  But, it's coming together.  I like the flow of the kitchen more than our last place.  I never really thought about it before.  But, it works here and it made me realize that it really didn't before.  Don't be afraid to pull everything out of your cabinets and move them around.

For my first meal in my new kitchen I pulled out the tenderloin.  If any of you haven't used pork tenderloin you should start.  It's about as versatile as boneless, skinless chicken breast, and, bonus, is almost fool proof against drying out.

What I'm realizing more and more is that most foods just taste good.  It doesn't take much, just proper cooking technique and flavor enhancement, to make a beautiful meal.  With the tenderloin I rubbed on a seasoning mix- rosemary, sea salt, oregano, basil.  Not too much, just enough to add some flavor.

Heat an oven proof pan- like cast iron or stainless steel, over medium heat. Lightly grease and add the tenderloin. Notice that the pork isn't completely covered with seasoning.


Brown on all sides.  If your pan in smaller than the pork, you can do like me and cook like a "J", or cut it in half and cook side by side.










Place in an oven preheated to 375 or so and bake until done, about 20-25 minutes.

Some other favorites this week have been grilled asparagus, grilled veggie pizza, and peach and chicken salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment