Friday, July 13, 2012

Grilled Peach Sandwiches

I don't know how many times I start eating something and think, "I should have taken a picture of this and blogged about it."  Maybe one day when I get serious about this I'll be a better planner, but until then you get a great recipe without any pictures because it was too good not to share.

S said he thought they were more of a lunch thing, but I thought they were fine for dinner.  I adapted this recipe from one I found on tartlette, but it was a couple of years ago and I couldn't find it again.

Grilled Peach Sandwiches
Makes 2 really big sandwiches


Baguette or other thin loaf sliced in half lengthwise
4 oz Cream cheese
Herbs/spices (I used salt, pepper, tarragon, and rosemary.  Thyme would also be good)
3 Peaches
1-2 T. Honey

Lightly toast the bread under a broiler.  I like it so that it has a crunch but doesn't brown.  Mix the herbs into the cream cheese to flavor as desired.

Heat a grill pan over pretty high heat.  I think I did mine on 7.5 for an electric stove.  Slice the flesh of the peaches away from the pit.  If you can do it in half great, if not slice off in four pieces.  Grill until dark brown.  The high heat helps to brown fast so they don't get too mushy.

Pour the honey onto a plate.  When the peaches are done place into honey, grill side down to coat.  Roughly chop or slice the peaches.

Spread cream cheese on one side of bread, top with peaches and other side of bread.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment