Wednesday, January 9, 2013

My Favorite Toast

Recently, I read a comment in an article somewhere that on average Americans prepare, eat, and clean up breakfast in 15 minutes.  Yup, that sounds about right.  It's a little sad that that's the case, but who doesn't love a bowl of cereal in the morning? Or a doughnut, bagel, egg mcmuffin...coke?

I'm in the cereal lovers category.  I try to exercise in the mornings, and after working out and being sometimes famished afterwards it's usually the only thing that sounds good.  When I was pregnant I literally ate a bowl every single morning.  I give full credit to cereal for not throwing up once.  But, cereal can't happen every day.  Don't want to be a dull Jane :)

Yesterday I put together my favorite toast for breakfast.  I was in a little bit of a chocolatey mood so I threw in another version because it sounded delicious.  Take your pick, either one would be a fabulous start to the morning.


Apple Cinnamon Toast (My Fav!)

Take a slice of whole wheat bread
Toast it
Smear peanut butter on top
Take about a 1/4 of an apple
Slice it thinly
Put on top of the peanut butter
Sprinkle with cinnamon/sugar
Voila! Breakfast

Banana Nutella Toast

Take a slice of whole wheat bread
Toast it
Smear Nutella on top
Take about 1/2 of a large banana
Slice it up
Pile on the toast
Done! Eat Up

No comments:

Post a Comment