Thursday, March 8, 2012

Almond Red Bell Pepper Chicken Salad


Pinterest Review #2*

This chicken salad is from Simply Recipes.  Click here for the original recipe.  Because I roasted my own bell pepper and then added some wild rice it was a little more work than I was anticipating.  But, I really liked the simple but distinct flavors brought together.  You could definitely leave out my additions and it would be a fast weeknight meal.

I didn't have any chicken stock, so I poached the chicken in water with onion, carrot, and salt.  It worked fine.  But, make sure you cook gently or you'll be eating rubbery instead of tender chicken.  I was cooking for a friend ho doesn't like raw onions, so I sweated the red onions.  Also, I dumped the dressing and then realized it was too much for my taste.  I would recommend adding a little bit at a time.

Like any chicken salad, this keeps really well.  It would be a great salad made Sunday night and then used for lunches throughout the week.  Or, it would be a great pot luck dish.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment