Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Black Bean Taquitos


Pinterest Review #1

These taquitos were very satisfying.  I liked the mix of cilantro, onion,  and spices.  When I made them I didn't measure perfectly, but seasoned to tasted.  I'm cooking for a one year old, so I went light on the cayenne.  But, go heavy if you like the heat.

When you build the taquitos you need to get into a zone.  Soaking the tortillas too long leads to soggy product, but not enough and they'll crack.  I wanted to overfill and the cheese melted out.  Even if it looks sparse it's probably enough.  Don't be afraid to roll them tight- it looks better.

I think this is a great week night dinner.  You could easily make the filling in bulk and freeze, or freeze the finished product and reheat in the oven.  Or, they would be great football party food.

Check out Naturally Ella for the recipe.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment