Monday, March 26, 2012

I Finally Did It!

I finally found cinnamon chips.  After looking in three super markets I started calling around and found them at AJ's Fine Foods.  Now that I'm back in Fort Worth I'll have to track them down again, but I did get to make the cinnamon chip bread.

What to say about this loaf?  I should have looked harder in my friend's house for loaf pans.  The recipe made two loaves, but I piled mine high in a round Pyrex dish.  As cool as it looked coming out of the oven it definitely had some flaws.  The biggest flaw being that the bottom burned and the middle was not quite done.  Day one the freshness let it slide a little bit by the next day the wonderful cinnamon flavor couldn't make up for the fact that some bites were bitter and others doughy.

So, if you want to make this from the original please don't be lazy like me.  Make two loaves.  It will be better. I promise.  But, I also think adding about 1/2-2/3 C. cinnamon chips to any white bread would work just as well as the one Marissa shared.

For all of you Great Harvest fans I say you need to try this out.


No comments:

Post a Comment