Thursday, April 12, 2012

What to Get Rid of Wednesday

It's amazing how a screaming one year old pretty much makes you forget everything.  I remember reading a blog post I think is was about cooking with small children, like babies.  I didn't have a child at the time so obviously couldn't relate. She made a comment like "of course you can stick your kid in a high chair and cook your meal, but who can work under the conditions of a screaming child."   Of course I was judgmental, and now it's coming back to bite me in the butt.   

C pretty much threw a tantrum from 3:45 until we ate dinner at 6:00.  Don't worry, I wasn't starving her.  I even gave in at 5:30 and offered a snack of mini wheats.  When she refused I lost all compassion and let her cry it out.  Anyways, the whole point of this story is to say that I didn't take one picture of me meal yesterday.  Not one.  It wasn't until I was going to bed that I realized I forgot.  Oh, well.

It was actually a little disappointing of a week anyways.  I was trying to finish a jar of olives and some quinoa.  The jar is still half full and there's 3 T. of quinoia left.  Oh, well.  It was delicious and healthy and made you feel good.

My main dish was open-faced hummus sandwiches.  Like so many things I make, I got the recipe from Cooking Light.  Please see the recipe here.  This was so quick to put together and would make a great lunch.  The only changes I made were using a mixture of olives and ricotta instead of goat cheese.

I paired them with a quiona pilaf from Savoring the Tyme.  The amazing this was C ate the pilaf.  She really not a picky eater, but can be a little questioning of new food, but she loved it.

So, here's to all the moms who make dinner despite the craziness behind them, or under them, or pulling on their leg, or screaming their name.

No comments:

Post a Comment