Thursday, April 19, 2012

What to Get Rid of Wednesday

I really should change the name of this series with how well I'm doing.

But, I do have pictures this week.  Well, one picture


I really love quick breads.  I love them for many reasons, but high on the list is freeze ability.  We had no need for a loaf of bread the day I baked this, so it went into the freezer, cut in half so we can just pull it out and thaw when needed.

This loaf is called Aloha Quick Bread, named after the coconut, banana, and pineapple baked inside.  It also has almonds.  I used slivered almonds to finish my bag, but I would recommend sliced.

Aloha Quick Bread

1/2 C. Butter
1 C. Sugar
2 Eggs
1 C. Mashed bananas
1/4. C. milk
1 T. Orange peel
1 t. Vanilla
1/2 t. Almond extract
2 C. Flour- all purpose
1 t. Baking soda
1/2 t. Salt
1 C. Sweetened flaked coconut, toasted
1/2 C. Sliced almonds, toasted
1/2 C. crushed pineapple

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a bread pan.

Cream together butter and sugar.  Add in eggs and then banana, milk, orange peel, and extracts.

In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt, and baking soda.  Add to creamed mixture and mix just until combined.

Fold in coconut, almonds, and pineapple.  Pour into bread pan.

The original instructions I have say to bake for 1-1 1/2 hours at 350.  I did mine 1 1/4 hours and it was a little underdone but pretty dark on the outside.  I think you would have better luck at 325 degrees for 1 1/2 hours.  Or, tent the bread with aluminum foil so it doesn't burn.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment