Monday, April 23, 2012

Veggie Dip

Last week I made this dip/spread.  I wasn't originally planning on blogging about it, but it was so good I needed to share.  I made it first for some opened faced sandwiches.  I spread it on some toasted French bread and topped with radishes, spinach, carrots, and tomatoes.  Later that week I used it as a dip for some vegetables.

I didn't write down my method, so sorry for the lack of a real recipe, but it went something like this:

Equal parts ricotta and cream cheese
1/4 part mayo
Seasoned with dried tarragon, rosemary, dill, and garlic powder.




I really like the sweetness of the ricotta and tarragon mixed with the mayo.  The cream cheese made it creamy with just enough texture from the ricotta. I was out of parsley, but it would also be a great addition, as would a sprinkle of some lemon zest.

Sorry I didn't get a closer picture of the dip.  C was very excited about the vegetables, as you can see from the little feet in the corner, so the photo shoot didn't last very long.

So no "What to Get Rid  of Wednesday" this week.  We're heading to Virginia to look for and hopefully find a house.  Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment